Thursday 19 February 2009

Exercise Is A Good, Free Way To Make Yourself Feel Better

Not much to report really for the past few days, was quite nice because I played football with my friends (played Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so far this week) and today I did some more exercise too. Think I’ve probably mentioned this before on the forum, but exercise is a good way of making yourself feel happy – when you exercise your body releases chemicals which make yourself feel “better” (sorry, that’s about as technical as my explanations go at the moment :p). But anyway, if you’re feeling depressed or bored then I find exercise is an excellent and free way of perking yourself up a little. Perhaps by going for a jog around your local area (perhaps a quiet forest or something – I hate jogging around the roads, don’t like to be watched whilst jogging!).

I’ve enjoyed playing football with my friends recently but I do still find that I’m not overly happy and feel at times as if my SAD holds me back. I realise that if you want to be a good footballer you need to get involved and talk more and shout for the ball etc, which I usually find quite hard. Not sure if its me being shy or my Social Anxiety or something, just don’t really feel that comfortable doing it around my friends. I think if I’m playing in a match and I’m playing people I don’t know, and my team are talking to each other then I’ll find it easier to call for the ball etc. But if I’m playing with friends then I find it hard because it feels like they all know me as being shy/quiet, and so if I suddenly started being more vocal they might be a bit shocked. I guess I’m worried I’ll stand out, which is something you don’t like when you have Social Anxiety Disorder…

Also been quite busy with my work and setting up new websites and such, not got a lot planned for Friday or the weekend unfortunately. Trying to find a way of getting new friends as well, my other friends like to go clubbing and drinking and that’s not really something I enjoy (clubbing at least :p), and I don’t like having to get drunk to enjoy myself. Rather find something else to do, but I find it hard meeting new people. Anyway that’s a topic for another day so will update this during the weekend probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment